Sunday, January 9, 2011

Hello and thank you for visiting Pandora's Wonderland.
I'm not sure what brought you here today and to be quite honest I'm not 100% sure on my reasons for begining this blog.

In 2009 I had Gastric Bypass Surgery (information can be found on Wikipedia) but basically this is a surgery that drastically reduces the size of the stomach and thus it affects how much food one can eat. Even shortly before the surgery I did not have much of an appetite and I am sorry to say that this continues even today. There are many days where I realize that all of a sudden it’s three in the afternoon and I haven’t eaten all day simply because I’m not hungry. I know that this is bad, and my surgeon would probably yell at me (along with my dietician). I do want to make clear that this is in no way done on purpose; I just do not possess much of an appetite most of the time.

Despite being over a year post-surgery  I am still struggling with this new stomach and new life of mine, this I believe is whats driving me to write this blog. I am very happy with the results of the surgery, having lost around 90lbs so far, and I do not regret having it overall. This doesn't mean that there aren't times when I wish I could eat an entire bowl of Ramen instead of a few bites or times when I wish I didn't have to worry about the things I eat.

One of the biggest challenges for me is my age, I am 20 years old which is somewhat young for this surgery and I believe that has made it a little more difficult for me to adjust. Suddenly I have to worry about everything and after watching my mother (who also had Gastric Bypass Surgery) struggle from time to time with the things she ate I have come to worry a lot about how and what I eat.

Things need to change for me. I need to change and I need help doing it so I am reaching out via this blog to do so.

No comments:

Post a Comment